BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
1015 N Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705-7748
Phone: 520/622-8871 | Fax: 520/623-2267 | 79 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This Five-Time Winner of TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award winning hotel offers complimentary cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant and 2-for-1 drinks at the Lounge. Freshly renovated Environmentally Friendly rooms & suites feature beautiful new furniture, carpet & beds with premium bedding.
This Eco-Friendly full-service Arizona hotel is centrally located less than a mile from the downtown, U of A, McKale Center, Tucson Convention Center, Pima College and easy access to freeways I-10 and I-19. Nearby are Tucson's most popular attractions such as Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Saguaro National Park, Old Tucson Studios, three shopping malls and golf courses. All major hospitals - UMC, TMC, St. Mary's Hospital and Tucson International Airport are located just minutes away. Students, professors, faculty and their families also choose our Tucson hotel when in town for special events such as graduation or homecoming at U of A.
Enjoy spaciously appointed environmentally friendly guest rooms and hot tub suites each complete with free Internet, LCD televisions and DVD players. This hotel also features an outdoor heated pool and hot tub, fitness center, business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome for a nominal fee.
Not the typical breakfast buffet; we treat our guests with a complimentary cooked to order breakfast each morning at the Royal Sun Restaurant. Guests order from our enhanced breakfast menu of wide selection including some healthy options.
After a long day of business, sightseeing or shopping, you will enjoy two-for-one drinks in our Lounge. Meeting space is available for up to 40 guests.
This luxuriously landscaped resort style Tucson hotel features a fish pond, fountain and picnic tables. Our perfect mix of hotel features, amenities and superior customer service are guaranteed to make your stay a memorable one. Make your reservation today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary full breakfast, cook-to-order breakfast served daily at Royal Sun Restaurant each morning between 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. Order from our newly enhanced menu including healthy options.
- Cocktail lounge, two for one drinks special for hotel guests between 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Lounge. Many other drinks & dinner specials are also available.
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Hot tub, newly renovated pebble tec spa
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Enjoy working in our fitness room overlooking the pool & spa.
- Photocopy services
- Fax services
- Meeting facilities, corporate, sales, company meetings can be held for upto 30-40 people. Happy hour & live entertainment (Karaoke, DJ, etc.) can also be organized at our on-site bar.
- Banquet facilities, birthday party, social gathering, wedding party. We can cater to your needs. Happy hour & live entertainment (Karaoke, DJ, etc.) can also be organized at our on-site bar.
- Universal gym
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Safe deposit box, avilable at the front desk
- Fax machine
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas.
- Business center
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Conference facilities
- Multilingual staff, Spanish
- Cable or satellite television, 32-inch flat screen televisions and DVD players in all rooms
- Ice/vending machines, three ice machines and three vending/soda machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Concierge, our knowledgeable front desk staff can help you with local attractions and information about Tucson.
- Dry cleaning, available $15.00 fee
- Express check out, guest receipts can be emailed at check out upon request.
- Late check out, upon request and based on availability.
- Safety deposit box, available at front desk
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Mail services, pick up service available at hotel front desk
- Parking for the physically challenged, located by accessible rooms, 24-hours, free
- Local shuttle, must be scheduled 24-hours in advance.
- Free parking, 24-hours
- Outdoor parking, free, 24-hours
- Truck/RV parking, free, 24-hours
- Complimentary Cooked-To-Order breakfast served daily at the Royal Sun Restaurant. Order from our newly enhanced menu featuring healthy options.
- Motor coach and bus parking available, free, 24-hours
- Beautiful fish pond area features picnic tables for guests to relax, read a book or surf the web in Tucson's sunny weather.
- High-speed wireless Internet access
BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western royal sun inn & suites in Tucson.
BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western royal sun inn & suites in Tucson, Arizona is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.223842 / Latitude: -110.972009
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-10 eastbound Phoenix. Exit Speedway Boulevard Exit 257. Turn left at the exit on Speedway Boulevard going east, drive for approximately one mile in the right lane. Turn right onto Stone Avenue, the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites is on right side.
From: I-10 westbound Texas. Exit Speedway Boulevard Exit 257. Turn right at the exit on Speedway Boulevard going east, drive for approximately one mile in the right lane. Turn right onto Stone Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites is on right side.
From: University of Arizona. Head west on Speedway Boulevard for approximately one mile. Turn left onto Stone Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites is on right side.
From: Tucson Mall. Head south on Stone Avenue. Drive for approximately seven to ten minutes. The BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites is on the right side just past Speedway Boulevard.
From: Park Place Mall. Head west on Broadway Boulevard. Turn right on Alvernon, turn left on Speedway Boulevard, turn left on Stone Avenue, the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites on the right side.
From: University Medical Center Head west on Speedway Boulevard for approximately one mile. Turn left onto Stone Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites is on right side.
BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Check Out the Biosphere 2 Site
Technically an "Earth systems science research facility," Biosphere 2 is owned by the University of Arizona, and can be found in the small town of Oracle.
The first closed mission at Biosphere 2 was from September 26th, 1991 to September 26th, 1993. Today, the nearly 100 percent glass constructed structure is open for tours, which are guided by University of Arizona employees and other volunteers.
Holding up to 9,500 fans, Hi Corbett Field is home to the Arizona Wildcats of the University of Arizona, plus the Tucson Turos and MLB's Colorado Rockies during spring training. Opened in 1937, the Tucson ballpark was formerly the Randolph Municipal Baseball Park.
Hi Corbett Field is owned by the City of Tucson, and operated by the City of Tucson Parks & Recreation. The field sits just three miles away from UA in southern Arizona.
Found within the Tohono O'odham Nation in southern Arizona, the Kitt Peak National Observatory is a premier astronomical observation site in the U.S. Kitt Peak is found near the top of the Quinlan Mountains, and is a scenic drive southwest from downtown Tucson.
On your next trip to Tucson, be sure to visit Kitt Peak and check out an array of interactive and impressive programs. Each night, Kitt Peak National Observatory hosts the "Nightly Observing Program," one of the premier destinations in the state to watch a sunset. There are also daily tours at Kitt Peak.
On your next visit to Arizona, head south and check out Tucson, home of the McKale Center. A top local attraction, the McKale Center is home to the University of Arizona men's and women's basketball teams. You'll find the McKale Center on the University of Arizona campus, adjacent to Arizona Stadium (football) and the Hillenbrand Aquatic Center.
Enjoy an exciting Arizona men's or women's basketball game during the fall, through the winter, and into spring. The Wildcats frequently field top-ranked teams in both men's and women's basketball, and are a source of much local pride in the Tucson area. The McKale Center was built in 1973, and in 2014 underwent a huge renovation. The court at McKale is named Lute and Bobbi Olson Court, in honor of their legendary former coach and his late wife.
Drive Through Mount Lemmon
Arizona is a vast landscape of natural beauty, iconic landmarks, and a wealth of outdoor recreation. Make your next visit to the Grand Canyon State and experience a bit all three when you cruise along the Mount Lemmon Scenic Byway.
28 miles one way, the Mount Lemmon Scenic Byway is usually open year round for drives, and it takes more visitors around 2 hours to complete the drive.
As one of the most important astronomical observation areas in the world, Mount Lemmon Observatory is certainly a must-visit in southern Arizona. Mount Lemmon, a part of the Santa Catalina Mountains, is northeast from downtown Tucson. Plan your next trek into the desert and see the stars more vibrant than ever before.
First developed in 1954 as the Mount Lemmon Air Force Station, MLO today is most often utlized by the University of Arizona and the U.S. Forest Service. There are several different telescopes located at Mount Lemon SkyCenter, each with different power grades. Bring the whole family and enjoy a range of tours and demonstrations at Mount Lemmon SkyCenter.
Though technically an unincorporated community, Summerhaven is a major travel destination in southern Arizona. Found on Mount Lemmon, Summerhaven is a short, scenic drive northeast from Tucson. You'll enjoy the sights and natural beauty as you drive along the Mount Lemmon Scenic Byway.
During the winter, many southern Arizona visitors and residents enjoy the skiing at the nearby Mount Lemmon Ski Valley. The Summerhaven General Store offers almost everything you might need, and the nearby Mount Lemmon SkyCenter is an ideal destination for sunset views and star gazing.
Opened in 1929, the Pima County Courthouse stands as a display of Spanish Colonial Revival style architecture. Located in Tucson, in southern Arizona, the courthouse holds a spot on the National Register of Historic Places. The building is home to the Arizona Superior Court in Pima County, which also holds the office for the Treasurer and Recorder.
Downtown historic Tucson would not be the same without the glittering dome of the Courthouse building. Visitors can access the courthouse during business hours and experience the beautiful architectural details prominent throughout the building. The building also features a courtyard and fountain, perfect for viewing the outer architecture on a gorgeous fall day in Arizona. Those traveling to Tucson will not want to miss the historic district's charm and Spanish style architecture complemented by the Pima County Courthouse.
Explore Saguaro National Park
The monarch of the Sonoran Dessert, also known as the saguaro has been protected in Saguaro National Park since 1933.
The two areas of the park, east of Tucson in the Rincon Mountains and west of Tucson in the Tucson Mountains, encompass over 91,000 acres.
A variety of cactus including the barrel cactus and prickly pear are also abundant in the park. Both areas include a visitor center.
With over 165 miles of trails, there are plenty of choices for park exploration, including guided walks, talks and bicycling. The Tuscon area is a premier destination in Arizona, the Saguaro's are just one reason.
Visit the St. Augustine Cathedral in Tucson
Constructed in 1868, St. Augustine Cathedral did not receive its Spanish style detailing until 1928, with a full restoration coming to completion in 1968. St. Augustine Cathedral, located in the southern region of Arizona in the city of Tucson, represents the Catholic diocese presence in the history of the town.
The Cathedral has witnessed the growth from a town of 600 to a flourishing city of over five hundred and twenty five thousand residents. St. Augustine has stood as a beacon of hope and worship in southern Arizona for nearly one hundred and fifty years and serves as the mother church for the Roman Catholic diocese in the Tucson area.
The architecture of this grand cathedral draws visitors from near and far, featuring the coat of arms of Pope Pius XI as well as a representation of Mission of San Xavier del Bac, a pilgrimage site located just miles outside of the city. On the interior of the building stands a seventeen-foot tall crucifix and a thirty-two rank pipeorgan, the crucifix being imported from Spain and specially designed for St. Augustine.
Visitors are welcome to view the Cathedral in all of its architectural beauty from both the inside and outside of the church. Those who wish to view and participate in mass are welcome and can inquire about scheduling at the St. Augustine Cathedral.
Opened in 1971, the Tucson Convention Center is a large, multi-purpose arena found near downtown Tucson. With two performance venues, 9,275 seats, and more than 200,000 square feet of meeting and exhibition space, the Tucson Convention Center is a top hosting venue in the area.
Within the Tucson Convention Center you'll find Tucson Music Hall – with its 2,289 seats, it hosts operas and other concerts. The Leo Rich Theater is much smaller, only seating 511, and is used for much smaller and intimate performances. The Tucson Arena is also part of the TCC, seating nearly 8,000 – it's the home ice of the University of Arizona club hockey team.
Drawing over 100,000 readers, the annual Tucson Festival of Books is located at the University of Arizona in Tucson. A major event in southern Arizona, this free festival is a weekend-long gathering of authors, book vendors, publications, parks, and environmentalists in mid-March.
Recently established in 2009, the Tucson Festival of Books features exhibitors like True West Magazine, the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, Western Writers of America, Bookmans Entertainment Exchange, and much more.
Recent and reoccurring authors like R.L. Stine, Lois Lowry, and Larry McMurtry attend for lectures, book signings, and panels. The festival also feature Science City activities, plus food, shopping, interactive exhibits, and more.
Established in 1885, the University of Arizona was the first university in the state, and home to the famed Pac-12 Arizona Wildcats athletics department. Located in the southern Arizona city of Tucson, U of A features a beautiful, 380-acre urban campus.
The Carnegie Foundation has classified the University of Arizona as a RU/VH University, and more NASA grants have been awarded to the University of Arizona than any other university in the nation. This space-grant and land-grant research university provides a quality education to more than 30,000 students, who pursue bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees.
Students have 324 fields of study from which to choose – from the College of Education, the College of Engineering, the College of Fine Arts, the College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, and more.
U of A is also home to the University of Arizona College of Medicine, and visitor sites like the SS Arizona Bell, the Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium, and the Arboretum at the University of Arizona – plus the annual Tucson Festival of Books.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 12.00 mile(s) from Arizona-Sonora Desert Mus, Tucson's Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is ranked among the Top 10 Museums in the U.S.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Old Tucson Studios
- 15.00 mile(s) from Saguaro National Park
- 12.00 mile(s) from Pima Air & Space Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from Downtown Art District, five minutes.
- 35.00 mile(s) from Biosphere 2 Center
- 15.00 mile(s) from San Xavier Mission.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Downtown Entertainment.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fourth Avenue, Enjoy the area full of local shops, restaurants, bars
- 18.00 mile(s) from Sabino Canyon
- 44.00 mile(s) from Tubac Artist Colony
- 49.00 mile(s) from Kartchner Caverns State Park
- 70.00 mile(s) from Tombstone, and the OK Corral
- 90.00 mile(s) from Bisbee, Historic mining town turned Artist Colony.
- 3.00 mile(s) from El Con Mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Tucson Mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from Park Place Mall
- 3.9 mile(s) from Target Supercenter
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Royal Sun Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, dinner, A complimentary cook-to-order breakfast is served daily between 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. for hotel guests. We have everything from malted vanilla Belgian Waffles, biscuits & gravy and country fried steak to a generous serving of fresh seasonal fruit with yogurt & granola or an egg white & turkey bacon combo. Our dinner service is from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and offers up what we like to call “Contemporary Comfort” food. We use only the freshest ingredients that are made to order when you arrive.
- Royal Sun Lounge, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Happy Hour is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. & includes discounts on all beer, wine and cocktails such as $3.00 Margaritas and $1.50 Pabst Blue Ribbon® drafts. Karaoke & live entertainment may be available. Pool table, dart board & jukebox are available for your enjoyment. Relax by the fireplace in our lounge after long day of sightseeing or business. There are special “Lite Bite” appetizers like the Southwestern egg rolls or bacon cheddar potato skins for only $3.50. Full dinner menu available.
- 1.00 mile(s) from El Charro Cafe, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Caruso's Italian Restaurant, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Carlos Murphy's, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Madarin Grill, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Bankok Thai Restaurant, Full Service, Thai, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mi Nidito, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4.00 mile(s) from Daisy Mae's Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tucson. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 2nd Saturdays Downtown
Held on the 2nd Saturday of each month in downtown Tucson, this monthly festival features an impressive collection of music, vendors, street performers, and entertainment. The festival is held on Congress Street between Toole and Church Avenue.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean