BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
5300 S Priest Drive, Tempe, AZ 85283-1049
Phone: 480/820-7500 | Fax: 480/730-6626 | 157 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall!
Located in Tempe, Arizona, our property has everything guests need for a relaxing stay, including free 24-hour airport shuttle services.
A free hot breakfast greets guests daily and features hot waffles, favorite fruits and pastries, a cereal bar and yogurt selection. Cold juice and 100% Arabica coffee complete the meal. The location of our Tempe hotel, near shopping, the freeway and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, makes us a popular choice for leisure or business travelers. The spacious, cool rooms that are peacefully quiet help guests easily and quickly take care of business.
If you are in town for business, our ample meeting space is yours. Employees of Honeywell, University of Phoenix and Arizona State University often stay with us. Students, professors, faculty and their families also choose our Tempe hotel when in town for special events such as graduation or homecoming. We offer CLC corporate lodging and are just minutes from the universities and major businesses.
Our hotel has great TripAdvisor ratings and a friendly staff. We're professional and always go out of our way to ensure your trip is as pleasant as possible. Many of our guests are from Mexico and in town for the great shopping. Whether you're from across the border, here for move-in weekend or just vacationing in the area, depend on us to provide you with the best stay possible.
We're close to ASU and Arizona Mills Mall. The Phoenix Premium Outlet Mall is a popular stop, and many of our Tempe hotel guests are in the area for the great deals available. Spring training also takes place nearby, and our property is suited to groups and teams. No matter what brings you to Tempe, you deserve an unbeatable location and value during your stay. Count on us to provide that and much more.
Reserve your next stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall for a cool, relaxing trip! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Outdoor pool, heated, pool toys - noodles and diving toys for guests enjoyment
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper, eliptical machine
- Stationary bike
- Treadmill two available
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff speaks English and Spanish
- Guest laundry, free, 24-hours
- Laundromat, two coined washers and dryers
- Express check out
- Late check out, extensions may be granted based on availability. Nominal fee may apply. Please contact front desk.
- Safe deposit box
- Children's activities, games and books available
- Cable or satellite Television, 70+ channels available
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available ,two business lobby computers
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Dataports, ethernet Cat 5 high-speed Internet access
- Meeting facilities
- Sunbathing, outdoor pool
- Hearing impaired services, TDD Phones
- Physically challenged facilities, grab bars and ramps
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines, located on the first through third floors.
- Local shuttle
- Airport car 24-hours please schedule shuttle in advance, complimentary shuttle
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- ATM/cash machine
- 24-hour coffee and tea available
- Fresh baked cookies every evening
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 3 package deals available at the best western plus tempe by the mall in Tempe.
Phoenix Zoo Package 1 Night
Join us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall and have fun at the Phoenix Zoo. For your convenience we will provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the zoo. Start your morning with a delicious hot breakfast.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
Conveniently located, the best western plus tempe by the mall in Tempe, Arizona is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 33.376755 / Latitude: -111.963325
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 10 East. Exit Baseline Road, Exit 155, turn east on Baseline Road, turn south on Priest Drive. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall is located one block on the north side of Priest Drive.
From: Interstate 10 West. Exit Baseline Road, Exit 155, turn east on Baseline Road, turn south on Priest Drive. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall is located one block on the north side of Priest Drive.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Oceanside Ice Arena might surprise you – it's not found on either of the coasts, but in Tempe, a fun and vibrant city east of the Phoenix metro area. Home of the Arizona State University hockey team, Oceanside Ice Arena is one of the few ice skating rinks in the Phoenix metro area and Tempe.
Founded in 1989, the Oceanside Ice Arena hosts a number of different leagues and public skating events all year round. Offering both youth and adult leagues, the Oceanside Ice Arena is a top destination for hockey players and fans in the state. There are instructional leagues, semi and full competitive leagues, too. Visit the Oceanside Ice Arena on your next visit to Tempe.
Plan a visit to Arizona and head to Tempe, the fun and vibrant college city east of Phoenix. Once there, be sure to explore Packard Stadium. Home to the Arizona State University Sun Devils baseball team, Packard Stadium opened in 1974 and seats 7,875 fans. It features an all natural grass surface and is owned by the university.
ASU baseball games are officially played on Bobby Winkles Field, the playing surface at Packard Stadium at Brock Ballpark. The field, stadium, and ball park are all named in honor of former ASU baseball coaches William Guthrie Packard, Jim Brock, and Bobby Winkles. On your next trek through the desert, head for Tempe in the spring and catch an ASU baseball game at Packard Stadium.
With a seating capacity of over 70,000, it’s no wonder Sun Devil Stadium is home the Sun Devils of Arizona State University. Found in central Arizona on ASU’s main, Tempe campus, the stadium neighbors Wells Fargo Arena.
Sun Devil Stadium also hosts graduation commencements, holiday events, and for a while there, the NFL Arizona Cardinals – before moving to University of Phoenix Stadium. Constructed in 1957, the stadium is found easily thanks to its other neighbor, A Mountain.
Tempe Diablo Stadium is the Spring Training home for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team. Located in Tempe, near Arizona State University, this wonderful facility is an ideal location to enjoy the Cactus League games. The stadium's central Phoenix location, is approximately ten minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport and many valley attractions.
Bring your golf clubs to enjoy an afternoon of golf at the ASU Golf Course or Ken McDonald Golf Course. Relax at the Tempe Town Lake or stroll through the nearby Papago Park. Check into a local Best Western guest room to stay close to the games, as well as the variety of shops and restaurants along Mill Avenue.
After opening originally as the Arizona State University Activity Center, the Wells Fargo Arena, as it's known today, is home to the Arizona State University men's and women's basketball teams. It also hosts many graduations and ceremonies from the different colleges at ASU. It's a landmark in Tempe and the eastern region of Phoenix metro.
Along with basketball, Wells Fargo Arena is home to other ASU sports like wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball. At an original cost of $8 million to build, Wells Fargo Arena still stands today and an achievement in architecture and local pride. It was 1997 when the venue was officially changed to Wells Fargo Arena. You'll find Wells Fargo Arena on the ASU campus, just north of University Drive and west of Rural Road.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.11 mile(s) from Sea Life Aquarium, 26,000 ft aquarium with 12 different habitat zones housing over 30 seperate displays. Tanks with more than 5,000 creatures ranging from shoreline marine life, such as starfish and crabs to larger species such as shark and rays
- 2.00 mile(s) from Tempe Diablo Stadium, prime spot for spring training and home to the California Angels baseball team, this recently renovated stadium is conveniently located five minutes from the Best Western Plus Tempe by the Mall, I-10 Freeway and Sky Harbor Airport
- 2.50 mile(s) from Phoenix Premium Outlets, the newest Outlet Mall with 90 Premium Outlet Stores. Up to 65% savings at Adidas®, Banana Republic, Coach, DKNY®, Elie Tahari®, Lucky Brand, Max Studio, Michael Kors, Nike, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th and more. Located off the I-10 Freeway and eight minutes from the Best Western Plus Tempe by the Mall
- 0.11 mile(s) from GameWorks, located inside AZ Mills Mall right across the street from the Best Western Plus Tempe by the Mall. A place where you can enjoy games, drinks, music and food
- 0.11 mile(s) from IMAX, located inside AZ Mills Mall right across the street from the Best Western Plus Tempe by the Mall. Be part of the action with the IMAX 3D experience
- 8.14 mile(s) from Firebird International Ra, year round events including monster truck races, drag racing, 4x4 Nationals
- 8.00 mile(s) from Golfland/Sunsplash, Arizona's #1 destination for family fun! Sunsplash has over 12 main water attractions. At Golfland, you will find miniature golf, laser tag, race cars, bumper boats and over 200 video games and more water slides
- 7.80 mile(s) from Big Surf Waterpark, the surf's way up in Tempe when you dive into the two-million-gallon wave pool at Big Surf
- 9.08 mile(s) from Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Chase Field is the only facility in the world that combines a retractable roof, air conditioning and a natural turf field
- 10.15 mile(s) from Phoenix Civic Plaza, host of many national and regional conventions and trade shows, over 375,000 square feet of convention meeting and special events space
- 6.07 mile(s) from Desert Botanical Gardens, hosts one of the worlds finest collections of desert plants. One of only 44 botanical gardens accredited by the American Association of Museums
- 6.07 mile(s) from Chinese Cultural Center, two levels of restaurants and stores with Asian influence.
- 7.80 mile(s) from Phoenix Zoo, year round events, walking trails, hundreds of animal and plant species.
- 25.06 mile(s) from Phoenix International Rac, the Indycars have made over 58 visits to PIR, and the annual fall NASCAR® weekend-including NASCAR® Winston Cup
- 0.11 mile(s) from Arizona Mills Mall, more than 175 retail, outlet, entertainment and specialty stores.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Phoenix Premium Outlets, brings designer outlet shopping in an outdoor village style setting. Phoenix Premium Outlets is filled with an impressive collection of designer and name brands, offering savings up to 65% every day.
- 6.96 mile(s) from Fiesta Mall, home to 135 stores and a wide selection of eateries
- 10.44 mile(s) from Chandler Fashion Center, blends distinctive indoor and outdoor shopping, with 180 shops and eateries
- 12.08 mile(s) from Scottsdale Fashion Square, more than 40 exclusive retailers, in 1998 the mall expansion featured 225,000 square feet of new specality shops
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.8 mile(s) from Guadalupe
- 7.7 mile(s) from Chandler
- 11.8 mile(s) from Gilbert
- 12.6 mile(s) from Mesa
- 12.7 mile(s) from Sun Lakes
- 14.0 mile(s) from Phoenix
- 14.0 mile(s) from Scottsdale
- 20.3 mile(s) from Fountain Hills
- 22 mile(s) from Glendale
- 28 mile(s) from Apache Junction
- 1.51 mile(s) from Insight Enterprises, electronics distributor
- 1.71 mile(s) from State Farm, insurance and financial services provider
- 2.41 mile(s) from Dillards, Tempe headquarters
- 2.41 mile(s) from Safeway, Tempe headquarters
- 3.34 mile(s) from Medtronic, manufacturers of high-tech implantable medical devices
- 3.35 mile(s) from Motorola, computer group
- 4.18 mile(s) from Honeywell, makes parts systems for aircraft engines
- 4.21 mile(s) from Ikea, affordable furniture, houseware products for your home and office
- 4.96 mile(s) from Salt River Project, electricity utility and water management company
- 8.07 mile(s) from Intel, world's largest semiconductor company
- 1.08 mile(s) from University of Advance Technology
- 2.79 mile(s) from Collins College, design and technical
- 3.05 mile(s) from Rio Salado College, variety of classes and programs
- 3.05 mile(s) from Mesa Community College, variety of classes and programs
- 5.01 mile(s) from Arizona State University, four year undergraduate and graduate schooling
- 5.43 mile(s) from University of Phoenix, four year undergraduate and graduate schooling
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 0.12 mile(s) from Claim Jumper, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, set in the Theme of the Old West, offers hamburgers, steaks, seafood, salads, soups and much more. Full service bar with happy hour
- 0.12 mile(s) from Joe's Crabshack, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.25 mile(s) from Aunt Chilades, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, voted number two Mexican restaurant in Phoenix by New Times. Known for their famous margaritas and much more.
- 0.12 mile(s) from Rain Forest Cafe, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.25 mile(s) from Rustlers Rooste, bar/lounge, steak house, open for: dinner, set on a mountaintop overlooking the valley, this authentic western steakhouse offers a fun, Old West atmosphere complete with Horny the Bull a live steer who resides outside the eatery's old mineshaft.
- 1.92 mile(s) from Olive Garden, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.92 mile(s) from Red Robin, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tempe. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Phoenix Comicon
Check out all things sci-fi and pop culture at this year's Phoenix Comicon held at the Phoenix Convention Center – featuring celebrity panels, vendors, cosplay, and more. The event time is TBA.
2015 Science on the Rocks
Learn a thing or two while enjoying some "scientific" beverage concoctions at the Arizona Science Center in downtown Phoenix. Scheduled events include mixology seminars, appetizers, music, and interpretive activities.
2015 July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival
Fireworks, live music, kid's activities, vendors, and plenty of wet 'n wild fun at Tempe Beach Park in Tempe. The event begins at 4 p.m.
2015 Summer Ends Music Festival
Hometown rock/alternative heroes, Jimmy Eat World, are set to take the stage with special guests at the Tempe Beach Park in Tempe. Show time is TBA.
2017 NCAA March Madness Final Four Tournament
For the first time ever, Phoenix will host the NCAA men's basketball Final Four at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Tip-off time is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean