BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
7320 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3404
Phone: 480/994-4170 | Fax: 480/659-3925 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial!
Location is everything when you’re traveling, which is why our Scottsdale hotel is nestled close to the Entertainment District, but still drivable from Camelback Mountain.
Whether you prefer the great outdoors or the city life, you can have it all when you stay with us. Enjoy a large, heated swimming pool and relaxing patios at our Scottsdale hotel. A business center is also onsite so you’re always connected.
Scottsdale Fashion Square is in the neighborhood, and all the excitement of downtown Scottsdale is at your fingertips.
Whether you’re here for the Phoenix Open, a NASCAR® event, or to catch a spring training game, we’ll keep you connected to all the action. The Barrett Jackson® Car Auction also can’t be missed, and a trip to Taliesin West is a must.
Stop by Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home and see the king of architecture in action, or slip away to the Scottsdale McDowell Mountain Preserve to really get away from it all. Students and professors at the Scottsdale Culinary Institute®, Scottsdale Community College are some of our regular guests, and a meeting with Fox Restaurant Concepts has never been easier with our easily accessible Scottsdale hotel location.
Shopping in Old Town Scottsdale is a real treat, and the Arts District always has something happening. A trip to the Fifth Ave. shops completes any trip, while the Desert Botanical Gardens® is a haven in the city. If you’re here for the new Mercedes Benz® dealership, it’s also situated close to our property for your convenience.
Reserve a room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial today for competitive rates!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel including public areas
- Complimentary breakfast.
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Concierge, located at front desk
- Multilingual staff, English and Spanish
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas, and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Notary public
- Mail services
- Wedding services, special rates for wedding groups
- Meeting facilities, executive board room
- Theater ticket desk located at front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Garage parking
- Truck/RV parking, 26 foot truck maximum
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus sundial in Scottsdale.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
Conveniently located, the best western plus sundial in Scottsdale, Arizona is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 33.502675 / Latitude: -111.922365
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 17 to 101 East to Chaparral Road turn right, go to Miller Road turn left, go to Camelback Road turn right and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial is on the right.
From: The south. Take Interstate 17 to 202 East to 101 North, exit on Indian School Road turn left, go to Hayden Road turn right, go to Camelback Road turn left, go thru Miller Road the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial is ahead on the right
From: The west. Take Interstate 10 to 202 East, exit on 44th Street turn left, go to Camelback Road turn right, when you cross Scottsdale Road, THE BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial is ahead on the left.
From: The east. Take Interstate 60 to the 101 North Exit at Indian School Road and turn left, go to Hayden Road turn right go to Camelback Road turn left, cross Miller Road, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial is ahead on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, located in Scottsdale, is the spring training home to both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies baseball teams. The facility is the first of its kind to be built on Indian land in the country. The teams are partners with the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
This stadium and sports complex includes a ballpark stadium with a capacity for 11,000 fans, twelve practice fields, clubhouses for the Major and Minor League teams and team offices. Enjoy cheering on your favorite team as you gaze at the incredible views of the McDowell Mountains, Superstition Mountains, Four Peaks Mountains and Camelback Mountain, surrounding the Phoenix valley. After a day at the ballpark, choose a Best Western guest room for a comfortable night's rest.
With a wide variety of luxury retailers, Scottsdale Fashion Square draws shoppers to the Phoenix-area community of Scottsdale.
Scottsdale Stadium is home to the San Francisco Giants Spring Training games. Located in Old Town Scottsdale, the stadium is within walking distance to several area shops, restaurants and galleries. A variety of year-round events are also held at the stadium, including the Starlight Sleepover, weddings, company picnics, parties and baseball tournaments and camps.
Action during the Arizona Fall League includes games played by the Scottsdale Scorpions verses a variety of minor league teams. The expanded clubhouse, baseball training room and batting tunnel are wonderful amenities for the players. Schedule time during the game to visit the stadium's Arizona Fall League Hall of Fame. While in the Phoenix area, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
As one of Arizona's the premier comedy clubs, Stand Up Scottsdale is a great destination for central Arizona travelers looking for a fun night out. Set just minutes from downtown Scottsdale, and a quick drive from Phoenix, Stand Up Scottsdale has featured top comics like Darren Carter, and Rachel Feinstein. Wednesday nights are open mic nights – show up early, sign up and give it a go. Friday and Saturday nights are the main shows at Stand Up Scottsdale.
There's plenty to see and do in Scottsdale. After an afternoon of golf at Scottsdale Silverado Golf Club, and an evening touring Taliesin West, the personal home and studio of Frank Lloyd Wright, finish off the night with some laughs and Stand Up Scottsdale.
Taliesin West began as a personal home and studio for Frank Lloyd Wright in 1937. Today, a variety of tours are offered to see first-hand, how Wright incorporated the desert with indoor spaces and his philosophies and theory of design. Educational programs continue today through the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation's programs.
Depending on the tour, you can see the terraces, gardens and walkways that link together the Cabaret Theater, Music Pavilion and Wright's office. Or, view the newly restored living space, the Garden Room and sit in the Wright-designed furniture. Taliesin West is located in the foothills of the McDowell Mountains in Scottsdale. Stay close to Phoenix area attractions, events, restaurants and shopping as a guest of Best Western hotels.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Scottsdale Waterfront, upscale shopping and gourmet restaurants walking, jogging, cycling along the city's canal banks
- 0.10 mile(s) from Entertainment District, Arizona's ultimate destination for fun and nightlife. Boasting one of the most up to the minute club scenes in the country.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Scottsdale Fashion Square, The valleys ultimate preferred shopping destination including Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus,Dillards, Macy's and Barneys
- 3.00 mile(s) from Camelback Mountain, Echo Canyon Park, hike a natural rugged trail to the areas most famous mountain
- 6.00 mile(s) from Desert Botanical Garden, desert horticulture in natural setting with an interpretive center.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Taliesen West, winter Home of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- 15.00 mile(s) from MIM, Musical Instrument Museum
- 0.10 miles(s) from Scottsdale Fashion Square, The Southwest ultimate, preferred shopping, Nordstrom, Macys, Dillards, Nieman Marcus, Barneys New York
- 0.10 miles(s) from Camelback Miller Plaza, Sunflower Market, Pet Smart, T J Max
- 0.15 mile(s) from Old Town Scottsdale, the West's most western town, specialty restaurants and souvenir shops
- 3.00 mile(s) from Scottsdale Borgata, highend specialty shops.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Scottsdale Hilton Village, high end specialty shops, Houstons Restaurant
- 4.00 mile(s) from Biltmore Fashion Park, high-end specialty, Saks Fifth Ave, Capital Grill, True Food, Zin Burger, Stingray Sushi
- 4.00 mile(s) from Shops at the Gainey, Paradise Bakery, Bloom Restaurant
- 5.00 mile(s) from Camelback Colonade, Marshalls, Last Chance, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Best Buy
- 6.00 mile(s) from Pavillions, Target, Michael's, JoAnne's, Sports Authority, Hi Health, Home Depot
- 6.00 mile(s) from Kierland Commons, Tommy Bahama, Crate and Barrel, Z gallery
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 3.00 mile(s) from Phoenix
- 4.00 mile(s) from Paradise Valley
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tempe
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mesa
- 15.00 mile(s) from Glendale
- 20.00 mile(s) from Chandler
- 20.00 mile(s) from Gilbert
- 96.00 mile(s) from Prescott
- 117 mile(s) from Sedona
- 117 mile(s) from Tuscon
- 178 mile(s) from Yuma
- 227 mile(s) from Flagstaff
- 278 mile(s) from Palm Springs, CA
- 280 mile(s) from Page
- 298 mile(s) from Las Vegas, NV
- 302 mile(s) from Lake Havasu City
- 378 mile(s) from San Diego, CA
- 375 mile(s) from Los Angeles, CA
- 1 mile(s) from Scottsdale Culinary Institute, Le Cordon Blue
- 2 mile(s) from Arizona School of Real Estate, Real estate license prep
- 3 mile(s) from Scottsdale Community College
- 4 mile(s) from Rio Salado Community College
- 6 mile(s) from Arizona State University, Tempe campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 0.05 mile(s) from Canal Bank Pathway, joggers, runners, cyclist
- 0.05 mile(s) from Entertainment District, a cluster of the most up to the minute clubs festure everything from country to todays hot hits.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Art Walk, every Thursday stroll through the upscale galleries on North Marshall Way meet artists and sample wine.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Sars Gym, full equipment, state of the art gym, walk-ins welcome, drop in for guests nominal fee
- 2.00 mile(s) from Centenial Golf Course, 9 hole public course, inexpensive popular with guests.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Scottsdale Stadium, home of the San Fransisco Giants spring training.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Camelback Mountain, Echo Canyon Trailhead the most hiked trail in America.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Salt River Stadiuim, spring training home for Chicago Cubs.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamond Backs.
- 25.00 mile(s) from University of Phoenix Stadium, huge venue for football and many other events
- Adjacent to Grand Lux Cafe, bar/lounge, International, open for: lunch, dinner, offers unique casual, global cuisine in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere. Choose from an array of over 150 deliciously unique menu selections featuring crispy caramel chicken, sunday night pasta, southwestern salad, chicken venetian and miso glazed salmon along with classic selections of salads, burgers, pastas, seafood, pizza and steaks. Grand Lux Cafe has "anything you want to eat, anytime you want it!"
- Adjacent to Kona Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, a restaurant, bar and a place where opposites attract. From miso-marinated sea bass to angus beef, mango tango mojito to macadamia nut chicken, salmon wasabi sashimi followed by the ultimate fudge brownie. At Kona Grill, you'll find the freshest and most imaginative meals anywhere, and did we mention the over 40 different sauces made from scratch daily.
- Adjacent to Z Tejas, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, surrounded by resorts and upscale shops, Z'Tejas is the perfect compliment to a day of golfing or shopping. Just as the food unites diverse flavors, the restaurant brings natural woods together with Texas limestone.
- Across the street from Don & Charlie's Restaurant, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner,
- Across the street from P.F. Chang's China Bistro, bar/lounge, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Olive & Ivy, bar/lounge, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner, old world meets new at Olive & Ivy Restaurant & Marketplace, which blends the flavors and timeless elegance of the Mediterranean with contemporary California chic. Olive & Ivy brings a slice of a bustling Mediterranean neighborhood market to the Scottsdale Waterfront.
- Across the street from Bravo Bistro, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, a unique style of Mediterranean dining in an intimate setting. Fresh fish never frozen, flown in daily, prime meats, locally grown organic produce. Homemade pasta and dessert, with a full bar and incredible wine selection.
- Across the street from Sushi Roku At the W, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch,
- 0.15 mile(s) from Wildfish, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch,
- 0.15 mile(s) from Culinary Drop Out, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.20 mile(s) from Sprinkles Cup Cakes, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, with gourmet cupcakes
- 0.50 mile(s) from AZ 88, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Roaring Fork, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Sugar Bowl, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Julio's Take out & Market, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Scottsdale. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
John Lovitz Come on out to Stand Up Live and listen to the hysterical comedian when he takes the stage at 7 p.m.
Phoenix Comicon Sci-fi and comic book lovers flock to the Phoenix Convention Center for this amazing event. Mark Bagley and Bruce Campbell join the attendees this year. Times vary per day.
Arizona Bridal Show The Phoenix Convention Center fills with hundreds of brides-to-be as they mingle with florists, musicians, and bakers. Doors open at 8 a.m.
Ghost Towns of Arizona: Photography of Kurt Wenner
The Pueblo Grande Museum hosts this photography exhibit of different ghost towns as seen through the lens by Kurt Wenner. Museum hours vary.
Music in the Garden Spring Concert Series Visit the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix for this wonderful evening of music by Fuerza Caribe. Doors open at 6 p.m.
29th Annual Freedom Wireless Fabulous Phoenix Fourth
Three stages of entertainment, classic cars, food, and more fill Steele Indian School Park for this patriotic event. Festivities begin at 6 p.m.
2014 ARR Summer Series Race #4 Get out of the house and join in on this 5K run/walk at Kiwanis Park. It begins at 6:30 a.m.
She Kills Monsters Brelby Studio houses the production of this fun show that rouses the geek within all that see it. Curtain times vary per day.
Motley Crue- The Final Tour Ak-Chin Pavilion fills with music from the famous group during what is sure to be a high-energy event. They take the stage at 7 p.m.
5th Annual Dog Days of Summer Historic Downtown Glendale goes to the dogs for this afternoon of fun. Bring your furry friend out and enjoy photos, Frosty Paw Treats, and more. The fun begins at 7 a.m.
Hamburger Fry Join the citizens of Globe at the Gila County Historical Museum for entertainment and some delicious hamburgers. The grill lights at 5:30 p.m.
The pop superstar brings The Prismatic World Tour and half a dozen #1 hits to Jobing.com Arena in Glendale. The sing along starts at 7 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean