BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
670 N Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281-2027
Phone: 480/784-2233 | Fax: 480/784-2299 | 103 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Free Hot Breakfast, one half mile to ASU, shopping & dining within 1.5 miles, free airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, Sleep N Fly.
Whether you're here for water recreation at Tempe Town Lake or traveling on business, count on our Tempe hotel to provide you with everything you need for a great trip.
A big reason many guests stay at our Tempe hotel is because of the proximity to Arizona State University (ASU®). Students in town for move-in weekend, families here for graduation and visiting professors needing a comfortable place for an extended stay all count on us to deliver the best in value, service and quality.
Mill Avenue and the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport are all near our Tempe hotel. Our convenient location makes it easy for guests to get around the city. The Sleep N Fly packages where you can stay one night and leave the car with us are extremely popular. Traveling should be made easy, and it is when you’re just half a mile from ASU® and have access to a free 24-hour airport shuttle.
Whether you're here for ASU® sporting events or spring training games, you'll be close to all the action at our Tempe hotel. We're just a few miles from the Phoenix Zoo and Desert Botanical Gardens, both of which are must-sees for vacationers. We're one mile from historic downtown Tempe and offer a complimentary breakfast to get your day started right. Enjoy a buffet of hot items, fresh fruits and cereal, yogurt, coffee and juice.
At our Tempe hotel, business travelers with US Airways®, ASU® and other schools, and Intel regularly call us their home away from home. Tempe Town Lake events bring in trade show attendees from around the country, and we’re proud to host all business travelers. We also offer a government/military discount as an added bonus for our business travelers. A great business trip starts with great lodging, and that's what we deliver.
Reserve your next stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, on-site
- Interior corridors
- Safe deposit box
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Meeting facilities
- Indoor pool, indoor single lane lap pool
- Free 24 hour airport shuttle
- Free parking. Sleep and Fly available with one night stay
- One flow resistant lap pool
- Dry cleaning
- Hot tub, three Indoor and one outdoor hot tub
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Newspaper, located at front desk
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western inn of tempe in Tempe.
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Conveniently located, the best western inn of tempe in Tempe, Arizona is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 33.435315 / Latitude: -111.927285
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Sky Harbor Airport. The BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe is located two miles east of Sky Harbor International Airport on Scottsdale Road. Take Freeway 202, exit at Scottsdale Road exit 7, turn south, then turn west into the BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe.
From: The airport by car. Take Loop 202 east. Or For the hotel shuttle please call the hotel direct at 480-784-223.
From: Airport rental car area. From 24th Street, go north on 24th Street to 202 east.
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Recently renovated, Hohokam Stadium in Mesa is the Cactus League Spring Training home field of the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball. The stadium features a seating capacity of 12,500 and houses the largest scoreboard in the Cactus League.
The stadium is located on the east side of the Phoenix metro area – centrally located near Tempe, Scottsdale, and Chandler. MLB’s Cactus League season runs from late February through the first week of April – just before the MLB regular season gets underway.
The Oceanside Ice Arena might surprise you – it's not found on either of the coasts, but in Tempe, a fun and vibrant city east of the Phoenix metro area. Home of the Arizona State University hockey team, Oceanside Ice Arena is one of the few ice skating rinks in the Phoenix metro area and Tempe.
Founded in 1989, the Oceanside Ice Arena hosts a number of different leagues and public skating events all year round. Offering both youth and adult leagues, the Oceanside Ice Arena is a top destination for hockey players and fans in the state. There are instructional leagues, semi and full competitive leagues, too. Visit the Oceanside Ice Arena on your next visit to Tempe.
Plan a visit to Arizona and head to Tempe, the fun and vibrant college city east of Phoenix. Once there, be sure to explore Packard Stadium. Home to the Arizona State University Sun Devils baseball team, Packard Stadium opened in 1974 and seats 7,875 fans. It features an all natural grass surface and is owned by the university.
ASU baseball games are officially played on Bobby Winkles Field, the playing surface at Packard Stadium at Brock Ballpark. The field, stadium, and ball park are all named in honor of former ASU baseball coaches William Guthrie Packard, Jim Brock, and Bobby Winkles. On your next trek through the desert, head for Tempe in the spring and catch an ASU baseball game at Packard Stadium.
With a seating capacity of over 70,000, it’s no wonder Sun Devil Stadium is home the Sun Devils of Arizona State University. Found in central Arizona on ASU’s main, Tempe campus, the stadium neighbors Wells Fargo Arena.
Sun Devil Stadium also hosts graduation commencements, holiday events, and for a while there, the NFL Arizona Cardinals – before moving to University of Phoenix Stadium. Constructed in 1957, the stadium is found easily thanks to its other neighbor, A Mountain.
As a premier venue for performing and visual arts, the Tempe Center for the Arts is a must-visit. Plan you next trip to the Valley of the Sun and be sure to spend a day exploring Tempe – east of downtown Phoenix by just a few miles, and home to Arizona State University.
Opened in 2007, the Tempe Center for the Arts is situated along the banks of Tempe Town Lake. On your tour, you'll find the Gallery at TCA, featuring a revolving showcase of top art work from across the country. The theater at Tempe Center for the Arts seats 600, while the studio seats 200.
Make the most of your next visit Arizona. Tempe Diablo Stadium is the Spring Training home for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team. Located in Tempe, near Arizona State University, this wonderful facility is an ideal location to enjoy the Cactus League games. The stadium's central Phoenix location, is approximately ten minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport and many valley attractions.
Bring your golf clubs to enjoy an afternoon of golf at the ASU Golf Course or Ken McDonald Golf Course. Relax at the Tempe Town Lake or stroll through the nearby Papago Park. Stay close to the games, as well as the variety of shops and restaurants along Mill Avenue.
After opening originally as the Arizona State University Activity Center, the Wells Fargo Arena, as it's known today, is home to the Arizona State University men's and women's basketball teams. It also hosts many graduations and ceremonies from the different colleges at ASU. It's a landmark in Tempe and the eastern region of Phoenix metro.
Along with basketball, Wells Fargo Arena is home to other ASU sports like wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball. At an original cost of $8 million to build, Wells Fargo Arena still stands today and an achievement in architecture and local pride. It was 1997 when the venue was officially changed to Wells Fargo Arena. You'll find Wells Fargo Arena on the ASU campus, just north of University Drive and west of Rural Road.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Sun Devil Stadium
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harkins Centerpoint Theater, featuring 11 movie theatres
- 2.00 mile(s) from Grady Gammage Auditorium, featuring historical theatre and major productions
- 2.00 mile(s) from Marquee Theater, featuring live entertainment
- 2.50 mile(s) from Phoenix Zoo
- 2.70 mile(s) from baseball spring training, Oakland A's, Anaheim Angels, San Francisco Giants, and Chicago Cubs
- 3.00 mile(s) from Desert Botanical Gardens, showcasing natural desert terrain
- 4.00 mile(s) from Tempe Historical Society
- 8.00 mile(s) from Chase Field, home of Arizona Diamondbacks
- 8.00 mile(s) from US Airways Arena, home of Phoenix Suns & Arizona Rattlers
- 8.00 mile(s) from downtown Phoenix, & the Phoenix Convention Center
- 20.00 mile(s) from Phoenix International Race
- 0.5 mile(s) from Mill Avenue, shopping and restaurants
- 1 mile(s) from historic downtown Tempe , with unique shops and restaurants
- 5 mile(s) from Old Town Scottsdale, shopping and restaurants
- 6 mile(s) from Fiesta Mall, Arizona Mills Mall and Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.25 mile(s) from Karsten ASU golf course
- 3 mile(s) from Papago Municipal Golf Course
- 6 mile(s) from Phantom Horse Golf Club
- 10 mile(s) from Scottsdale TPC, home of the Phoenix Open (FBR Open)
- Denny's Restaurant, on premises, 24-hour
- 1 mile(s) from Gordon Biersch Micro-brewery, daily for lunch and dinner
- 1 mile(s) from Hooter's
- 1.5 mile(s) from Dehli Palace-Pakistani, Indian cuisine, lunch and dinner 7 days a week
- 1.75 mile(s) from Rula Bula, Irish buffet, daily for lunch and dinner
- .5 mile(s) from #1 China Buffet
- 2 mile(s) from Chili's
- 2 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday
- 2 mile(s) from Oregano's Pizza
- 3 mile(s) from Home Town Buffet
- 2.25 mile(s) from P.F. Chang's
- .1 mile(s) from Crazy Fish
- 1.75 mile(s) from RQ Sushi
- 2 mile(s) from Saki's Pacific Rim, Japanese
- 1.5 mile(s) from Monty's La Casa Vieja, serving steak and ribs
- 4 mile(s) from Tony Roma's, barbecue
- 2 mile(s) from Salt Cellar, seafood
- 4.5 mile(s) from Red Lobster Surf and Turf
- 1 mile(s) from Lo Cascio
- 3 mile(s) from Riazzi's Italian Garden
- 4.5 mile(s) from Olive Garden
- .25 mile(s) from La Fonda,
- 1.75 mile(s) from Z Tejas
- 3 mile(s) from Los Sombreros
- .25 mile(s) from Club Rio
- .5 mile(s) from Six-Shooters - pool hall
- 1 mile(s) from Four Peaks Brewery - Micobrewery
- 1 mile(s) from Margaqrita Rocks - Nightclub
- 1 mile(s) from Library - Local bar
- 2 mile(s) from McDuffy's - Sport's Bar
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tempe. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open
Professional golf's best and brightest shoot for par during this week-long event, held at the Tournament Players Club in Scottsdale. All four rounds, practice rounds, and special event start times vary by day.
2016 Arizona Renissance Festival
A reoccurring festival held each weekend at Festival Village in Gold Canyon. The festivities include over 25 live shows and events, tons of vendors, games, and plenty of costumed interpreters. Grab a ye olde meed – the gates open each weekend at 10 a.m.
2016 Arizona Craft Beer Relay
Share a tasty brew with some of your mates at the WeKoPa Resort in Phoenix during this special, outdoor event. Relay teams compete in a 5K for prizes and bragging rights while sampling some of the region's best craft brews. The fun begins at noon.
2016 Cactus League Spring Training
Calling all baseball fans – Cactus League Spring Training action is just around the corner. Be sure to plan your trip today so you don't miss any of the action.
2016 Phoenix Pride Festival
Steele Indian School Park hosts this get together, which is set to feature over 150 performances across five stages. Vendors, delicous food, and plenty of fun are sure to be on the itinerary. The festivities are underway at noon.
32nd Annual Historic Homes Tour & Antique Quilt Show
The city of Globe hosts its annual tour of historic homes and quilt show this spring throughout areas downtown. Check the schedule during your visit. The fun begins at 9 a.m.
2016 Phoenix Comicon
A celebration of all things sci-fi, fantasy, and pop culture will descend upon the Phoenix Convention Center for four days. Expect plenty of celebrity appearances, cosplay, collectibles, and even some premieres. Get your tickets today – this event is sure to sell out.
39th Annual Great Western Tube Float
Parker visitors won't want to miss their chance to catch residents float their very best floats down the strip during this friendly competition. This year's theme if Float-aritaville. The floats starting flowing at 9 a.m.
2017 NCAA March Madness Final Four Tournament
For the first time ever, Phoenix will host the NCAA men's basketball Final Four at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Tip-off time is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean