BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel
233 S 4th Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364-2231
Phone: 928/783-4453 | Fax: 928/782-7487 | 126 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 1:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel!
Yuma Crossing State Park is just a short drive from our Yuma hotel, and a major attraction for hiker, bikers, birders and outdoor lovers.
Our Yuma, Arizona hotel is located amidst an abundance of cultural and historical sites. Museums, art galleries and sightseeing attractions are close enough for guests to be able to enjoy it all. The Yuma Territorial Prison Historical State Park is also close by, so nature lovers and small town charm seekers alike have everything they need.
The convenient location of our Yuma hotel downtown and close to the highway makes us a favorite for vacationers. We're close to state parks and close to two federal wetland parks. Right across the street from the library, there's plenty of charm to be found here. It's the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate.
The quality of life is why many people come to our Yuma hotel. We have plenty of nature near the hotel, many return guests, and walking paths near the Colorado River. Swimming, parks and the largest playground in Arizona is within eight blocks of the hotel. However, there are also casinos nearby for guests looking for a little excitement on their trip.
At our Yuma hotel, we also welcome business travelers from around the globe. The Yuma County Courthouse, new Federal Courthouse and small businesses require workers to travel to the region. We also host service men and women with the military, MCAS and the Yuma Proving Grounds, and employees in the produce and agriculture industry.
Enjoy the beauty of the Colorado River just two blocks away, the stunning balloon rides, river rafting and kayaking, and Gateway Park, where there's a picnic area, sandy beaches and great swimming spots. Our Yuma hotel has everything you need for a memorable getaway.
Reserve your next stay at BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel for a great location and value!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, featuring your choice of eggs, hash browns, toast, sausage or bacon, coffee, tea, juice, hot or cold cereal served with toast coffee, tea or juice.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Outdoor pool, two pools, one is heated in season only
- Complimentary breakfast
- Hot tub open year round
- Gift shop or newsstand, specializing in Arizona souveniers and Mexican & Native American wood carvings
- Cocktail lounge, The Hanger Sports Bar
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, Korean Thai)
- Express check out
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking, oversize parking available
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Parking for the physically challenged parking in front of room
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Weight lifting equipment, huge cable machine with weights
- Stair stepper
- 24-hour front desk
- Late check out, on availability
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; all guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; all guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access, high-speed Internet, analog dialup modem/dataport
- Business center, two located in the hotel, high-speed Internet, wireless data connection, personal computer, analog dialup modem/dataport
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Video billing, N/C
- Porterage/bell services on request
- Laundromat, three guest laundries
- Printer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Coffee shop, Bomber Bay Espresso Bar
- Exterior corridor
- Express check in
- Safe deposit box, in room safes
- Playground, West Wetlands largest play ground in Arizona
- Video library, free access to our 400 DVD library
- Exhibit of Best Western memorabilia
- Free USA Today available in lobby
BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western coronado motor hotel in Yuma.
Colorado River Summer Package 2 Night
Three days and a two-night stay for two people. Includes tour of on-site Casa de Coronado Museum (must make an appointment at the front desk), fishing poles to lend for the kids, cooked breakfast for two each morning during your stay, and a coupon towards lunch or dinner at Yuma Landing (does not include alcoholic beverages or gratuity).
BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western coronado motor hotel in Yuma, Arizona is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.722375 / Latitude: -114.624225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Highway 95 to Interstate 8 West and take the Giss Parkway Exit 1. Turn left from off ramp. Go straight through traffic circle and turn right on 4th Ave at traffic light. The BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel is on right.
From: The south. Take Highway 95 from Mexico and turn left on 4th Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel is on right just after 3rd Street. It is located between 2nd and 3rd Street.
From: The east. Take Interstate 8 and take Giss Parkway, Exit 1. Turn left from off ramp. Then straight at stop light. Go straight through traffic circle and turn right on 4th Avenue at traffic light. The BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel is on right.
From: The west. Take Interstate 8 and Exit 4th Avenue, the last exit in California. Turn right at top of ramp. The BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel is on left side past 1st traffic light. Or Take Interstate 8 to the Giss Parkway Exit 1. At bottom of ramp turn right onto Redondo Road. Turn left onto Giss Parkway. Go straight through traffic circle and turn right on 4th Avenue at traffic light. The BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel is on right.
BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Five centuries of history can be found within its’ museum; Yuma Crossing Historic Park, was created to commemorate and preserve Yuma’s place in the expansion and industrialization of the West. The Colorado River crosses through the town and is a river crossing of great historical significance that stretches back to the story of Juan Bautista de Anza. It later became an even more pivotal natural feature of the landscape when it was used to transport gold. The expansion of California and the gold trade prompted the United States military to establish Fort Yuma in 1850, rather unsuccessfully. In lieu of Fort Yuma stood a much smaller Fort Independence and the military instead set up the Yuma Quartermaster Supply Depot to provide stockpiles of equipment to the southern region.
The museum at Yuma Crossing Historic Park in Yuma, Arizona features the history of transportation in the city throughout its history. Visitors can view locomotives, cars, military vehicles and other means of transportation used in southern Arizona before 1930. Hikers can view the Park on foot with over 90 acres of land to explore. Picnic areas, a stage and an amphitheater are also located at Yuma Crossing for a wide range of entertainment and learning opportunities.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 mile(s) from Casa De Coronado, property museum appointment on request.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Arizona/California State, state line
- 0.10 mile(s) from Yuma Crossing State Park
- 0.30 mile(s) from East Wetlands, fishing and nature trails, bird watching.
- 0.50 mile(s) from West Wetlands, beautiful area with the largest playground in Arizona, lake, picnic area, trails, and access to Colorado River
- 0.50 mile(s) from Century House Museum
- 0.75 mile(s) from Yuma Territorial Prison State Park and Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from St Thomas Mission, built for Fort Yuma many years ago. Still an active mission.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Native American Museum, located on the reservation with a gift shop close by.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Bard Date Farm, date shakes, gift baskets
- 7.00 mile(s) from Los Algadones, Mexico, border town
- 7.00 mile(s) from Yuma Civic Center, various events
- 24.00 mile(s) from San Luis, Mexico, border town
- 0.05 mile(s) from Main Street Plaza Mall, lots of antique, book, knick nick, shops
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yuma Palms Mall, outdoor variety of shopping and food
- 4.00 mile(s) from Southgate Mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from Swap Meet, Fourth Avenue and County 12
- 6.00 mile(s) from Swap Meet, Avenue 4E & 32nd Street
- 8.00 mile(s) from Algadones Mexico, Mexico shopping
- 24.00 mile(s) from St. Luis Mexico, shopping in Mexico
- 55.00 mile(s) from El Centro Shopping Mall, indoor shopping
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 8.00 mile(s) from Algodones, Mexico
- 12.00 mile(s) from Somerton
- 24.00 mile(s) from San Luis, Mexico
- 30.00 mile(s) from Wellton
- 50.00 mile(s) from Calexico, CA
- 55.00 mile(s) from El Centro, CA
- 60.00 mile(s) from Hopeville, CA
- 60.00 mile(s) from Bawley, CA
- 80.00 mile(s) from Quartzite
- 80.00 mile(s) from Puerto Penasco, Mexico
- 80.00 mile(s) from Blythe, CA
- 90.00 mile(s) from Lake Havasu City
- 110 mile(s) from Gila Bend, CA
- 0.01 mile(s) from Yuma County Courthouse, Yuma Seat
- 0..02 mile(s) from Gowan, Fertizler and insectacidesl
- 2.00 mile(s) from Arizona Bankruptcy Court
- 4.00 mile(s) from Boeing Training Station
- 4.00 mile(s) from Yuma Regional Medical Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bose Factory
- 4.00 mile(s) from Arizona Fish & Game
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bureau of Reclamation
- 5.00 mile(s) from Dole Food, processing plant
- 5.00 mile(s) from Nasa, Training Center
- 7.00 mile(s) from US Border Patrol Station
- 7.50 mile(s) from Marine Corp Base
- 25.00 mile(s) from Yuma Proving Grounds
- 1.00 mile(s) from University of Phoenix
- 15.00 mile(s) from Arizona Western Community
- 20.00 mile(s) from NAU-Yuma, extension of main campus in Flagstaff, AZ
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.02 mile(s) from Gateway Park, Colorado River, beach area, picnic area, playground
- 0.08 mile(s) from National Wetlands Park, featuring cactus gardens, humming bird sanctuary, largest play area in the state, fishing nature
- 1.00 mile(s) from Paradise Casino
- 5.00 mile(s) from The Q Casino, Casio
- 5.00 mile(s) from Waylons Water Park, water park huge with lazy river and lots of slides
- 5.00 mile(s) from Z Fun Factory, miniature golf, go carts, arcades adult and children
- 10.00 mile(s) from Yuma Speedway, car racing, sand dragging
- 12.00 mile(s) from Wild River, inside bowling alley, arcade, paint ball
- 17.00 mile(s) from Imperial Sand Dunes
- 22.00 mile(s) from Cocopah Casino
- 25.00 mile(s) from Mitrey Lake, great fishing
- 25.00 mile(s) from Martinez Lake, boating, fishing
- Fine dining on premises Yuma Landing Bar and Grill
- Yuma Landing, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, this sports bar has ten 50 inch flat screen televisions. Loaded with aviation and historical pictures. Direct TV with all professional and college sports channels.
- Espresso Bar, on premises, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Espresso Bar serving smoothies, specialty coffees, teas, ice creams, root beer floats and old fashion banana splits. Free wireless Internet.
- Sports Bar, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, seven days a week; opens at 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily; Fridays and Saturdays until 1:30 a.m. Serving California cuisine, steaks, seafood, pastas and barbeque. Historical site where the first plane landed in Arizona. Also full of historical photos of Yuma.
- Across the street from Taco Mi Ranchero, cafe, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, authentic Mexican food.
- 0.02 mile(s) from River City Grill, full service, Seafood, open for: dinner, small restaurant only open at night.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Lute's Casino, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, a blast from the past. Nostalgic memorabilia.
- 0.06 mile(s) from Mr. G's, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Famous Dave's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Minis Cafe, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chipotle, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN Coronado Motor Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Yuma. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
June 19 - August 28, 2014
Bat Bridge Discovery Join docents from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum at one of the “bat bridges” located at River/Campbell or Pantano/22nd to see the spectacular sight of hundreds of Mexican free-tailed bats heading out for their dinner around sunset (approximately 7:30 p.m.)
Mount Lemmon Sky Ride Take a ride on the ski lift at Mt. Lemmon Ski Valley for a spectacular view of the surrounding area and its wildlife. This southern most ski area in the U.S. is located just 30-miles north of Tucson. Operating times vary per day.
DeGrazia Paints the Signs of the Zodiac The DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, which was designed by the famous southwestern artist, displays his series of astrological paintings.
Ghostblasters Join this unusual group of scientists for a great night of comedy at the Gaslight Theatre in Tucson. Show times vary.
September 26 - October 31, 2014
Nightfall at Old Tucson Visit the “town” of Old Tucson for a night of frightfully good fun as you walk though the ghost town and watch spooktacular shows. Times vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean